Courses are offered on dates throughout the year with personal tuition given on these small group tasters, tours and workshops or you can opt for a custom solo workshop. When you book a workshop we acknowledge your booking in writing and you will be given my mobile phone number.
Alternatively, you can book one of my pre-arranged non-residential workshops to scenic areas of the UK, which are listed here, and join other like-minded photographers where you can also share ideas and experiences to further improve your photography or simply enjoy time out making images without fuss or hurry.
Workshops are limited to a maximum of 5 participants (unless otherwise specified) to ensure you get personal tuition and the opportunity to get the most from the chosen locations. Most workshops last for approx 6-8 hours.
Whilst you need to be reasonably fit to attend the workshop days there are no long walks or arduous uphill sections on most workshops, you will be advised if a particular workshop is likely to include such “exercise”.
If your looking for a social photography events, why not try my PhotoClub.
Workshop Course Content
Each workshop will aim to cover the fundamentals of good photography, regardless of whether new to photography, improver, landscape, cityscape, or theme workshops.
Most workshops will, therefore, include the following;
- The camera –where appropriate an overview of the functions and facilities available on your camera
- Exposure control – where appropriate manual, aperture priority, shutter priority and ISO settings and exposure compensation and bracketing
- Working with the light and camera metering modes
- Focus control
- Depth of field
- The eye of a photographer
- Images format
- White balance
- The Histogram
- Post production options
Bespoke Workshop and Tour Options
We also offer one to one workshops and photo tours to many parts of the UK and Europe, for both individuals and small groups. These tours are arranged to suit participants own requirements and wishes.
The workshops/tours will be costed to ensure we are able to meet your requirements and to include accommodation and travel costs and will be agreed, then paid in advance.
All courses/workshops can be booked online via our secure payment facility or call us by phone on 01643 800505 or +44 1643 800505
Step By Step Booking Guide
- Book photo taster, tours, workshop online via this website under Workshop & Tours
- Receive written confirmation from us of your workshop booking
- This date is booked into our systems and we call you a couple of days before to ensure you are fit and well for your workshop and make final arrangements on a meeting place/time. If the weather forecast is bad you can postpone if you wish, as we would rather you enjoy a day out with your camera in reasonable weather than getting cold and wet!
- If we cancel your workshop or tour for any reason we will give you a full refund and one of our gift vouchers to the value of the workshop/tour to be used at a later date
Workshops are limited to a maximum of 5 participants (unless otherwise specified) to ensure you get personal tuition and the opportunity to get the most from the chosen locations. Most workshops last for approximately 6-8 hours per day.
What You Need To Bring
New to Photography Workshop
- Your camera.
- A good pair of walking shoes.
Improving Photography Workshop
- Your camera.
- A good pair of walking shoes.
Most other Workshop and Tours
- Your own SLR camera – film or digital but digital obviously has advantages in seeing what you have taken whilst out on the workshop
- Your lenses – wide angle is usually best for landscape work
- Any filters you have in your kit
- Remote release switch if you have one – if not the delayed timer can be used instead
- Suitable clothing and footwear for being out and about in the countryside/seaside
Packed lunch if applicable
You can create great images in all types of weather, so if safe to proceed will continue in the rain. If we cancel your workshop or tour for any reason we will give a full refund and one of our gift vouchers to the value of the workshop/tour to be used at a later date. No other consequential costs that you incur will be considered for compensation.
Workshops, Tours, Adobe Photoshop Lightroom and Exhibitions
Exmoor Photography ExhibitionMore info
Exmoor Wildlife TourBook your place
Fundamentals of Adobe Lightroom Classic – MineheadBook your place
Improve your photography over the SummerBook your place
Intermediate Photography Workshop – ExmoorBook your place
Joining Fee to Mark’s Photoclub£20.00 Add to basket
Mastering Adobe Lightroom Classic – MineheadBook your place
Minehead 35mm Photography Exhibitionmore info
New to Photography Workshop – ExmoorBook your place
Photography Workshop – FiltersBook your place
Selling your images directly within Adobe LightroomBook your place
Waterfall Photography Workshop£125.00 Book your place